Photo credit: Lysa Gudz
Dive-in, Do Your Part
Join us in our mission to safeguard the beautiful waters of Grand Traverse Bay and our inland lakes and streams for all to enjoy. With a community-wide commitment to clean water, we will all enjoy our waters for generations to come.
Help The Watershed Center make a difference by giving your time or talents. For more information or to discuss how you can be involved, contact Grand Traverse Baykeeper® Heather Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Adopt-A-Stream: Assemble a team of volunteers — families, schools, neighborhood, office teams — to monitor water quality within the watershed twice a year. Stream sponsorships are also available.
- Beach Clean-Ups: Help remove trash and debris along our beaches, shorelines, and streambanks.
- Watershed Warrior: Become a citizen advocate by speaking up to oppose threats to water quality in your community and to support local decisions and efforts that protect water quality.
- General office tasks: Put your computer/office skills to use while helping our team with tasks such as data entry, mailing preparations, or simple organizing.
Connect with our waters and our mission through our events.
- Beach Clean Up – Saturday, April 22, 2023: Join us this Earth Day for another Great Lakes CleanUp event and see our autonomous beach cleaning robot in action.
- Advocacy Academy Boot Camp – Saturday, April 15, 2023: Led by experienced advocates, this one-day boot camp will teach you how to engage and represent on the local level.
- Fly Rod Raffle – drawing Wednesday, August 9, 2023: We’ve teamed up with three talented, local artists to offer a unique opportunity to protect our watershed and have a chance to win one of our hand-crafted prizes.
- Freshwater Summit – Friday, October 29, 2023: Join environmental professionals, citizens, and businesses to discuss the latest research, projects, and initiatives that impacts the Great Lakes and Grand Traverse Bay regions.